Plans for Bertha. The biggest, most beautiful bench on the internet. Well, by my standards at least…
This download includes:
- Working Drawings to print and take to the workshop.
- A Cutting List to ensure you are fully prepared for the project.
- A deconstructable SketchUp Model of the workbench.
- A document detailing important construction notes for the project
Plans are supplied as an instant download and also sent to the email address linked to your PayPal account.
Things to note before purchase
– This download does not include step-by-step instruction. Therefore if you are not a confident craftsperson, I would advise against purchasing these plans. If you want an insight into how the bench is made, or want general guidance while making it, watch my 9 part YouTube series on my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDPvEofXXRCOImkmtyODMxSD4CXHEG-Kr
– The components are heavy. Consider getting assistance where needed. Don't injure yourself
– Machinery is a must. Unless you're an absolute nutjob, I would advise to not try this project by hand. The laminates require very accurate thicknessing for the through tenons. Also, the tail vice cavity involves a lot of material removal!
– It costs alot. There is a lot of material in this workbench. Consider getting a quote from sawmills before committing. I chose Ash for mine but Beech is also a very good option. The hardware I used is from Benchcrafted. Again, very costly but well worth it. I chose the Glide C Leg Vice, The Criss Cross Retro, and the Wagon Vice.
– Its massive. The overall length of the workbench is 2m and the depth is 790mm. Measure your space before committing to buying the plans.
– The plans are metric. Sorry Americans, I just don't understand your system.
– I am not responsible for your mistakes. By purchasing these plans, you are agreeing that I am not held liable for any mistakes caused, measure twice, cut once. I also cannot help with sourcing timber, hardware or fixings.
– The plans are non refundable. As this is a downloadable document, I cannot offer refunds on this item. If you have a serious issue with the plans or if you spot a mistake, message me via my contact page.
– Send me the finished result!
Once you have completed your Roubo Workbench, please send me a picture so I can share your incredible work with everyone!
Upon Purchase, you will be taken to a download page where you can download the file instantly. If you loose the file, you can re-gain access by logging into your account at the bottom of my website. The plans may also be sent to the address that your PayPal account is registered to. Keep in mind that this may be different to your normal email address!